Click here for latest updates about Coronavirus and your holiday.
We understand that the situation is unsettling so we will continue to monitor it as it develops and will follow the latest Government advice.
The GOV.UK website contains the most up to date information here.
See our Coronavirus booking guarantee to book your holiday with confidence.
This week the Government launched a conditional plan for a return of economic activity. Though the dates are subject to change, and there is no specific advice for self-catering holidays, we anticipate being able to safely welcome back guests sometime in June or July.
For those holidays due to take place before the end of May please see our Coronavirus Guarantee for your options. We are sorry it is taking longer than anticipated to process the refunds – this is a manual task and each one takes a considerable amount of time.
If your holiday was due to take place before the end of May and we haven’t been in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org – again your options are in the Coronavirus Guarantee. As there is only a very small team working from home please allow up to 7 days for a response.
If you are due to travel in June, we do not know if you will be able to travel. We will continue to adhere to Government guidelines and if those guidelines mean that you are not able to take your break the Coronavirus Guarantee will apply at that time.
Please be assured that ABC Leisure Group is financially secure and able to weather this storm. We have also been working hard to put in place new housekeeping procedures, as well as procedures to ensure that we can comply with the Government advice in providing a safe environment for both our employees and guests.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you on board our fleet of modern narrow boat in the future.
Book with Confidence
We all need something to look forward to in these uncertain times. That is why we are offering a free Coronavirus Guarantee. If you are not able to go on your boating holiday due to current UK Government Advice 7 days before your booking you can contact us to:
· Move your holiday to a later date with no amendment charge; or
· Have a full no quibble refund if UK Government advice prohibits you from taking your holiday.
If your holiday is cancelled due to UK Government advice email email@example.com, or write to the booking office, giving us your booking reference number and travel date, and your options are:
1) Transfer to another date in 2020 or 2021 (If the price of your new holiday is more than 10% higher than the original one you will need to pay the difference at the time of booking.
2) If you do not know your dates, we can transfer your money into a secure client account until you are ready to book.
3) Cancel your booking and receive a full refund (If Government advice prohibits you from taking your holiday).
Terms and Conditions
1) The guarantee applies to holidays due to be taken during the period covered by current UK Government advice plus seven days.
2) This guarantee applies to the SARS-CoV-2 / Covid19 strain of Coronavirus.
3) All other terms and conditions are unchanged.
4) We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancelation insurance for all other risks.
5) If the price of your new holiday is more than 10% higher than the original one you will need to pay the difference at the time of booking.
6) The Coronavirus Guarantee applies due to holidays due take place from May 1st 2020 to November 1st 2020.
7) Refunds cannot be processed when the booking office is closed due to Government advice. Refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
The Government has announced a 3 week extension to existing guidelines. This takes us through to the 8th May. For those of you due to travel in May you have a few choices:
· Leave the booking in place and see what the Government advice is closer to the time.
· Defer your holiday to later in the season
· Defer your holiday until 2021
· Have a refund when the booking office re-opens
We are working on the assumption that June holidays will be able to go ahead so would ask guests due to travel from June onwards to not contact us at this time. If Government guidelines still prohibit holidays the above options will apply.
If you are currently due to make a final balance payment on your upcoming holiday please continue to do so.
Please be advised that the following can be offered if your holiday does not go ahead due to Government Advice or legislation.
- Transfer your booking to a later date during 2020 with a similar value or pay the difference.
- Transfer your booking to the same date during 2021 or a different date and pay the difference. 2021 prices are the same as 2020.
- For holidays due from June 1st 2020, you can have a refund if your holiday cannot go ahead due to UK Government advice.
- If you have booked through an agent, you should contact them direct.
We are currently working with customers that are due to travel in April and May so please do not contact us yet if you are travelling in June or July.
In these trying times we just wanted to offer a few words of assurance for those guests planning to visit us later in the year, or next year.
Alvechurch Boat Centres, or ABC Leisure Group as we a are now known, have been around since the 1970’s and have weathered many a storm.
These are troubling times for everyone and we are facing an unprecedented situation. We have a small team, working from home, working through the bookings from the early part of the season. We would like to thank our fantastic customers who have been so patient – it is a mammoth task. We would like to ask those of you due to travel beyond June to hold off for now. Once we know what the situation is for later in the year we will be in touch.
Covid-19 has to be everybody’s priority right now, but it will pass. When it does we will still be here offering you the best way to escape on the water.
In the meantime please stay safe and follow the Government advice and we look forward to greeting you as soon as we can.
All the very best
The ABC Team
If your holiday is due to start with us before the end of April 2020, please do not travel.
We are sorry to announce that, in light of social distancing, the UK Government’s advice to complete essential travel only and the most recent advice to remain in your primary residence, we will not be able provide some breaks as previously planned.
The latest government advice is as follows:
"This guidance is for people planning to visit second homes or holiday premises during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk."
Taking into consideration the UK Government’s latest advice regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have taken the decision to close / defer all ABC Boat Hire holidays effective immediately until 30th April 2020. If you are due to visit us today (23rd March 2020), it is important that you do not travel to us. We will contact you as soon as possible. As always, the safety and health of our team and guests is one of our top priorities and we have taken this difficult decision in support of the UK Government recommendations. We know this will be very disappointing for lots of our guests, and we assure you that this decision has not been taken lightly.
If you are due to visit us between now and the above date, unfortunately this does mean we won’t be able to provide your break as previously planned. We are in the process of contacting all guests directly – please do not contact us. Please wait to be contacted by us. This will allow us to operate as smoothly as possible.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for this.
We will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible. We hope you’ll understand we need to prioritise guests with holidays soonest. It may take us a little bit longer than normal to get in touch with you and we do thank you for your patience during this time.
We will attempt to telephone you in the first instance – if we aren’t able to reach you, we will leave a voicemail and send you an e-mail. Please ensure you are vigilant in checking Junk / Spam folders.
If your holiday is not affected by the above time period, please do not contact us regarding your holiday in relation to COVID-19. We do advise you keep an eye on our website.
We understand this is upsetting and disappointing news for our guests, and we do extend our sincerest apologies.
However, the safety and well-being of both our guests and our team remain an important priority for us and this is not a decision we have taken lightly.
Again, please accept our sincerest apologies that we have needed to take this decision.
We will be in touch with you if your holiday is in the affected dates – we will be having to make a large number of calls during this time and we please ask and thank you for your understanding and patience.
We are currently experiencing high call and email volumes.
Please do not contact us unless you are due to travel before 25th May 2020. We are prioritising our responses to those that are due to travel soonest. We are open for business and fulfilling holidays currently. However, if you have decided that you do not wish to travel we are assisting customers to transfer holidays to later in the year.